Carla Erskine is an associate in the Land Use, Zoning, and Governmental Law practice. She assists clients in land use, zoning, governmental and real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Erskine worked as a corporate transactional associate at Spiegel & Utrera, P.A., in Coral Gables, Fla. She gained experience drafting and reviewing a variety of business contracts and legal documents, including but not limited to: operating agreements, shareholder agreements, lenders agreements and promissory notes, indemnification agreements and covenant not to sue, employment agreements, distribution agreements, escrow agreements, asset purchase agreements, deeds, trusts, bank letters, affidavits, opinion letters, and demand letters.
Ms. Erskine maintains an interest in policy and government relations initiatives, having served as a research and policy analyst for a 2016 candidate to the Florida House of Representatives, among other support roles to political candidates and legislators.
During law school Ms. Erskine worked as a civil advocate in the Northeastern University School of Law Clinical Programs addressing civil rights and restorative justice, prisoners’ rights, and domestic violence issues. Additionally, she was a judicial intern for The Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia, Pa., a law clerk for a litigation law firm in Honolulu, Hawaii, a law clerk with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Region 4) in Atlanta, Ga., and was recognized as a fellow by Oxfam America in Boston, Ma.
While in college she worked as an intern at the Foreign Policy Research Institute in Philadelphia, Pa., and the International Road Federation in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Land Use and Governmental Law
Awards and Recognition
- Big East Conference, Women’s Tennis All-Academic Honors, Villanova University, 2007-2010
- Alongside members of Northeastern’s Environmental Law Society in 2012 to 2013, completed an award-winning pro bono project for the Conservation Law Foundation addressing Boston waterfront development compliance with the public trust doctrine.
Professional and Community Activities
- Florida Department of Health’s Environmental Control Hearing Board, Palm Beach County, Advisory Board Member
- The Florida Bar, Land Use & Environmental Section, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Member
- F. Malcolm Cunningham Sr., Bar Association, Member
- Florida Association for Women’s Lawyers, Member
- Toastmasters, Sunset Speakers of Palm Beach County, Officer
- Marjorie S. Fisher Boys & Girls Club, Board Member
- Urban League of Palm Beach County, Young Professionals, Member
- New Leaders Council, 2017 Palm Beach County Fellow
- Villanova University Alumni Advisory Committee, Department of Geography & The Environment
- Caribbean Bar Association, Member
- Florida, 2013
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, MA, 2013
- Master of Environmental Law & Policy, cum laude, Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & Geography / Environmental Studies, cum laude, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 2010
- Spending Time with Family and Friends
- National Physique Committee, Athlete