Christine Hoke primarily represents developers, general contractors and subcontractors in all phases of risk management and complex construction defect defense litigation. She provides an efficient and high quality service and allows the clients and carriers to collaborate and successfully resolve complex cases efficiently, cost effectively and at a high performance level.
Ms. Hoke is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law. Lawyers certified in Construction Law are experts in matters relating to the design and construction of improvements on private and public projects. Less than one percent of the attorneys admitted to The Florida Bar are Board Certified in Construction Law, and only seven percent of the attorneys in Florida are Board Certified in any area of law.
Ms. Hoke graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Florida State University in 1991, and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor degree from The Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1996 where she was an editor on Law Review and competed in Moot Court.
Ms. Hoke had the honor and privilege of serving as Senior Attorney at the Florida House of Representatives, and was later appointed by Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Construction Industry Licensing Board for the State of Florida from 2002-2003. In 2009, she was appointed by the Palm Beach County Commissioners and served on the Construction Industry Licensing Board for Palm Beach County. In 2011, Ms. Hoke was elected to the Board of Directors of the National Association of Women in Construction, and also serves on the Florida Bar Liability Insurance and Surety Committee, and Palm Beach County Bar Association Law Committee. Ms. Hoke also has the honor to serve as a member of the Craig S. Barnard Chapter of the American Inns of Court whose mission is to encourage members of the legal profession to communicate a culture of excellence in professionalism, ethics, civility and skills to the legal community and the community at large. Recently, Ms. Hoke has been invited to join the prestigious Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. The CLM is a nonpartisan alliance comprised of insurance companies, corporations, Litigation and Risk Managers, claims professionals and attorneys. Through education and collaboration the goals are to create a common interest in the representation of clients, and to promote and further the highest standards of litigation management in pursuit of a client’s defense. Selected attorneys and law firms are extended membership by invitation only.
Ms. Hoke co-authored Expert Witnesses, Florida Construction Law and Practice, 8th Ed., and Pleadings, Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, 8th Ed., and has lectured at numerous seminars on several legal issues pertaining to construction defects, lien law and suretyship.
Ms. Hoke was included in Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals 2013 ed., Strathmore’s Who’s Who Worldwide 2014 ed., and Top 100 Registry 2015 and 2016 ed., for her contributions to legal services in the South Florida area. Ms. Hoke is a member of the Northern, Middle, and Southern U.S. District Court of Florida.
- Construction Litigation
- “Expert Witnesses,” Florida Construction Law and Practice, 8th Ed., co-author (FL Bar, 2015)
- “Pleadings,” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, 11th Ed., co-author (FL Bar, 2014)
- “Dismissals” Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, 12th Ed. Author (FL Bar, 2017)
Awards and Recognition
- Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar, 2005
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2014
- Covington Who’s Who, 2014
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance 2015
- Litigation Management Institute, Columbia Law School 2015
- The Top 100 Registry 2015, 2016
- Ms. Hoke is AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence through Martindale-Huibbell
Professional and Community Activities
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Magazine Publication Committee
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Liability Insurance and Surety Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- PBC Construction Law Committee
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- National Association of Women in Construction, Past-Board Member
- State of Florida, Construction Industry Licensing Board, Board Member 2002-2003
- Palm Beach County, Construction Industry Licensing Board, Board Member 2009-2013
- American Inns of Court, Craig S. Barnard Chapter, Member
- DRI, the Voice of the Defense Bar 2015
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2000
- J.D., cum laude, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, MI, 1996
- B.S., Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 1991