Dean Vegosen’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and land use law. Since entering practice in 1970, his clients have included some of the country’s leading real estate developers and investors, businesses, and banking institutions.
Several of the residential transactions in which Mr. Vegosen represented the purchasers involved the largest dollar purchases in Palm Beach County at the time.
His commercial transactional work encompasses acquisition, joint venture, and development of shopping centers and malls, hotels, office buildings, residential rental and condominium buildings, and mixed use projects located in a number of different states. Many of these transactions have involved equity and financing in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
A founding partner of the 26-year-old Palm Beach law firm Lewis, Vegosen, Rosenbach, et al., Mr. Vegosen merged his commercial and residential real estate practice with the Ciklin, Lubitz, Martens & O’Connell firm in November 1999.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Vegosen served as a law clerk for judges in both the United States District Court (Southern District of Florida) and United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and as in-house counsel for a national developer of garden apartments, residential condominiums, and hotels.
- Real Estate
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Professional and Community Activities
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Sixty Five Roses Ball, Chairman
- United Way of Palm Beach County, Board Member
- Palm Beach Community College Foundation, Board Member
- Bank of South Palm Beaches, Board Member
- First United Bank, Board Member
- Suburban Bank, Chairman of the Board
- Town of Palm Beach, Zoning Commission, Member
- Florida, 1969
- J.D., summa cum laude, Washington and Lee University, Lexington, VA, 1969
- Washington and Lee Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., Brown University, Providence, RI, 1966
Mr. Vegosen enjoys snow skiing, motorcycling, traveling, and reading.