Jeff Garber concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and business litigation in both federal and state courts, with a focus on real estate and corporate litigation.
Mr. Garber also handles:
- Business/corporate disputes
- Banking litigation (including loan defaults, foreclosures, and garnishments)
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Non-compete disputes
- Trade secret protection
- Evictions (residential and commercial)
- Community association (homeowners’ and condominium) matters
- Fair Housing Act disputes
- Americans with Disabilities Act (Article III) actions
His practice includes a variety of transactional work, including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts such as non-compete, confidentiality, license, and lease agreements. He provides general counsel for business clientele on a wide variety of issues, including general business matters.
Mr. Garber’s clients include corporate clients ranging from small and middle market businesses to Fortune 500 companies, as well as individual clients involved in commercial matters and litigation.
His legal career began in New York where he practiced law for several years before relocating to Florida.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Tax
- Represented a victim in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing litigation
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Pro Bono Award (co-recipient of firm award), 2013
Professional and Community Activities
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Palm Beach County Equal Employment/Fair Housing Board, Member, 2010-present
- Florida, 1997
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. Court of International Trade 1995
- J.D., Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Central Islip, NY, 1992
- B.A., State University of New York College at Oneonta, Oneonta, NY, 1984
Mr. Garber is a drummer whose musical career has included studio work and playing in various bands.