Phil O’Connell focuses his practice in real estate, estate planning, and probate. He has more than 45 years of experience in matters involving sales, exchanges, leases and acquisitions, taxation, title, land use, finance, restructuring, and workouts.
In his estate planning practice, Mr. O’Connell deals with the preparation of trust agreements, wills, powers of attorney, medical directives, and closely held business structures.
Once licensed as a Certified Public Accountant, he worked for several years in that capacity. This CPA license has since been retired.
Mr. O’Connell comes from a storied and influential Palm Beach County family that had a tremendous impact within Palm Beach County, as well as the entire state of Florida. Click on the link to read about The O’Connell Legacy.
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts, Estates, and Guardianships
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Professional and Community Activities
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Economics of Law Practice Committee, 1974-1979
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Handbook Revision Committee, Chair, 1974
- Hospice of Palm Beach County, Board Member, 1985-2011
- GelTech Solutions, Inc., Board Member
- Florida, 1968
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL, 1968
- B.A., Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 1963
- Alpha Tau Omega social fraternity, Secretary and Treasurer
- Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity
- Delta Phi legal fraternity