Robert L. Crane is a partner and the chair of the firm’s Real Estate practice group. He concentrates his practice in real estate, corporate and business matters, with emphasis on the negotiation, structuring, and documentation of large and complex transactions.
Mr. Crane has over 35 years of experience in advising and representing clients in the purchasing, selling, lending, borrowing and leasing of real estate, including residential properties, office buildings, industrial buildings, condominium and master planned communities, medical related properties and agricultural properties. He has represented some of the country’s largest home builders, institutional lenders and residential/commercials developers.
He is an approved title agent for:
- Old Republic National Insurance Company
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Real Estate
- Corporate and Business
- Condominium and Master Planned Communities
Mr. Crane has lectured on title insurance related issues, as well as on matters concerning his various areas of practice.
- Represented seller in $150 million sale and financing of a 610 acre undeveloped tract of land in unincorporated Palm Beach County, Florida, which was one of the largest real estate transactions of 2012.
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in the category of Real Estate Law from 2015 through the present
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Pro Bono Award (co-recipient of firm award), 2013
Professional and Community Activities
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Seacoast National Bank, Community Board Member (2003-2009)
- Florida, 1979
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL (1979)
- B.A., Auburn University, Auburn, AL (1971)
Married 38 years to Mary Beth Crane. Mr. Crane enjoys traveling with friends and family, golfing, boating, scuba diving, kayaking and is an avid fan of Florida State University sports.