The experienced employment law attorneys at Ciklin Lubitz & O’Connell serve as trusted partners and powerful advocates for businesses of all sizes, working with employers to create effective workplace practices while minimizing litigation and regulatory risk.
Local, State and Federal Employment Laws
Members of the firm are experienced in defending a diverse range of employment claims, including:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Florida state law and local ordinances
Employment Counseling and Education
The firm’s employment attorneys also strive to help local, regional and national employers anticipate and minimize human resources issues before they arise and:
- Advise in-house counsel, risk managers, and human resource personnel on best practices
- Counsel clients, including responding to routine calls at no cost
- Develop and present at employment law seminars to managers tailored on request to specific employment issues
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements
- Draft, review, and revise employee and supervisory handbooks
- Educate local and national businesses on federal and state employment law
- Prepare non-compete, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenants
Many educational services, including seminars and short telephone consultations, are provided at no cost to clients as a demonstration of the firm’s commitment to partner with clients to help solve problems before they become lawsuits or legal claims.
If preventative measures fail and early resolution is not possible, the firm does not hesitate to vigorously pursue employment issues in state and federal court, formulating creative and effective strategies to assert or defend clients’ interests.
Overall, the firm’s goal is to manage employment law costs and potential outcomes in a way that is most closely aligned with the client’s overall business strategy. We understand that our clients have a choice among law firms and believe that a personal touch, with an emphasis on partnering with our clients to provide efficient cost-effective results, is why clients choose Ciklin Lubitz & O’Connell.
The firm works with employers of all sizes—from Fortune 100 to small Florida-based companies—in many industries, including but not limited to the following:
- Professional services
- Real estate
- Securities and finance
- Professional services