Charles Pickett practices in the areas of retail fraud, securities arbitration, overtime litigation under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, litigation in federal court, general litigation, and appeals.
In his practice, Mr. Pickett has dealt with a wide range of disputes, including violations of federal and state securities laws, wrongful death, breach of contract, dissolution of marriage, appeals, and the defense of companies and individuals targeted by various federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Securities arbitration
- FLSA overtime claims
- General litigation
- Federal court litigation
- Florida and federal appeals
- Sweeney v. Prudential Securities Incorporated, NASD case No. 04-07415 (2005) – Successful defense of securities broker-dealer from various common law claims arising from the Claimants’ purchase of variable annuities and mutual funds.
- Wilkosh v. Zablow, case No. 50 2006 CA 006221, Circuit Court, 15th Judicial Circuit for Palm Beach County (2012) – Successful defense of wrongful death claim; jury verdict for defendants.
- Gilbert v. Southern Shuttle Services, Inc., case No. 08-cv-80219, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2009) – Successful claim for overtime wages; jury verdict for plaintiff.
- Zelaya/Capital Int’l Judgment, LLC v. Zelaya, 769 F.3d 1296 (11th Cir. 2014)
- Raubvogel v. Credit Suisse Securities (USA), LLC, 123 So. 3d 1155 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013)
- Episcopal Diocese of Cent. Fla. v. Prudential Securities, Inc., 925 So. 2d 1112 (Fla. 5th DCA 2006)
- First Montauk Securities Corp. v. Four Mile Ranch Dev. Co., 65 F. Supp. 2d 1371 (S.D. Fla. 1999)
- Primerica Financial Services, Inc. v. Mitchell, 48 F. Supp. 2d 1363 (S.D. Fla. 1999)
- Sheen v. Smith Barney, Inc., 721 So. 2d 823 (Fla. 4th DCA 1998)
- Berkeley v. Eisen, 699 So. 2d 789 (Fla. 4th DCA 1997)
Professional and Community Activities
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, MI, 1994
- B.A., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1989