Jason Haselkorn concentrates his practice in securities arbitration, investment litigation and employment litigation.
For over 20 years, Jason has used his background and experience in the financial services industry to represent clients in large arbitration and complex litigation matters. He has experience in state and federal court, as well as in a variety of arbitration forums including FINRA and AAA. He has substantial first-chair trial experience in cases involving large potential damages and complex legal issues.
As a senior partner of the law firm, he serves on the law firm’s management committee. He also serves as an officer and board member of his religious organization and serves on the Board of Trustees for a multi-generation family charity that awards music scholarships to local students. In March 2014, Mr. Haselkorn was first elected to a three-year term as Town Councilman in Juno Beach, Florida. In March 2016, he was first appointed Mayor of Juno Beach, and he has since been re-elected as a Town Council member and re-appointed as Mayor.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Haselkorn had experience as a Series 7 licensed registered representative as well as practical legal experience including work with U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Novalyn L. Winfield of the District of New Jersey, an internship at Willkie, Farr & Gallagher along with experience in the legal department at Shearson Lehman Brothers. Since that time Jason has also gained valuable experience serving as General Counsel for a regional broker-dealer and SEC-registered investment advisor firm.
Mr. Haselkorn has been quoted in national publications including Forbes, as well as in regional publications in Palm Beach County and Florida Treasure Coast in the Palm Beach Daily News.
- Securities Arbitration
- Investment-related Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Campbell v. Merrill Lynch, NASD Dispute Resolution Case No. 05-01670 (March 13, 2006)
- Bankfirst v. UBS PaineWebber, No. 5D02-300 (Fla. 5th DCA February 14, 2003)
- Weingarden v. Prudential Sec., NASD Dispute Resolution Case No. 03-04704 (April 15, 2005)
- Abel v. Southern Shuttle Services, Case No. 08-13412 (11th Cir. November 28, 2008)
- Gache v. Levitt Capital Mgmt., FINRA Dispute Resolution Case No. 12-01423 (June 27, 2013)
- Client v. Sanford Bernstein, FINRA Dispute Resolution case. Multi-million dollar recovery on behalf of clients in September 2015.
- Client v. Capital Analysts, Inc., FINRA Dispute Resolution case. Multi-million dollar recovery on behalf of clients in February 2012.
- Client v. Lincoln Financial, FINRA Dispute Resolution case. Multi-million dollar recovery on behalf of clients in early 2012.
- Clients v. RBC, NASD Dispute Resolution Case. Clients retained over $5 million dollar in promissory notes, and clients received additional damages as well after a final hearing 2009.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Town of Juno Beach, Mayor
- The Palm Beach Pops, Secretary, Board of Directors
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2000
- J.D., New York Law School, New York, NY, 1994
- B.S., Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 1991
Mr. Haselkorn enjoys golfing, traveling, and spending time with family.